The temperatures are rising, the rapsberries are ripening and thirsts need quenching. Homemade raspberry ice pops are required – fast!
In true Fiona form, these lovely lollies are exceptionally simple to make but taste great.
Raspberry Ice Pops
125g fresh raspberries
75g caster sugar
250mls boiled water, hot enough to dissolve sugar
1. Place the raspberries in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
2. If you like, you can strain the mixture now to remove all the “bits”. I don’t bother because I love them.
3. Dissolve the sugar in the hot water and and add to the food processor. Whizz for a couple of seconds.
4. Pour the mixture into ice-pop cases and freeze.
Orange and Lemon Ice Pops
2 oranges and 1 lemon
100mls boiled water, hot enough to dissolve sugar
100g caster sugar
1. Squeeze the oranges and lemon to give you approx 150mls of juice
2. Strain if necessary to remove pips etc
3. Dissolve the sugar in the hot water and add the juice. Stir well.
4. Pour into ice pop cases and freeze.
Could they be any easier?
Enjoy this lovely weather and remember to wear sunscreen and stay hydrated…..:)
Recipes from “Food from an Irish Garden”, available in bookstores nationwide.